Thursday, May 23, 2013

what to talk about

I've been thinking alot about this blog. Originally this was going to be a place where I could talk about things that might offend people. Things like why I'm not a Wesleyan Methodist anymore, or why I'm not Mormon. However more and more I've been thinking just about how much I miss writing about philosophy theology and church history.

when I decided to go to graduate school it was so I could teach others about Theology, this changed to wanting to teach church history because I met so many of my fellow graduate students get lost when they took their introduction classes. the thing is it is hard to be a professor of theology, and the people i really want to reach aren't the people who are in grad-school, I wanted to reach people who didn't have the opportunities that were available to someone who went to seminary. You know people who may not even know where to look for some of the answers they have.

Think of this blog as a place to ask question and debate and get answers. In light of that I want to encourage you to post topics you want to hear about in the comments, it may take time and this will be a weekly blog but I will listen to your comments. Also as a point of order I have no problem with debates, however I am a logician if you commit logical fallacies your comment will be addressed as such, also if you do not site your sources your comments will be deleted.

In closing I just want to say the internet is a big place and what difference can my little blog make I don't know but If I can help one person learn something that strengthens their faith then that will be worth it.

This has been Georgi tune in next time to hear a review of Who Needs Theology? By Stanley J Grenz and Roger E Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment